Sunday 2 January 2011

Books I Will Read in 2011

Hello,

And HAPPY NEW YEAR LOVELIES! yaaay. I hope that you all had a fun New Year's Eve. I know that I did. And I hope that your 2011 is filled with love and friendship and productivity and general awesomeness.

Also, if anybody reading this follows me on Twitter I want to apologize for all the blabbering the other night/morning. I understand that nobody wants to hear me talk about my hair, but I was bored and lonely.

So one of my New Years' resolutions was to read more books (or a target within a resolution), and like I said, I made a list of things I'm going to read in 2011. I can use my blog to keep it organised, go back to this post and cross off when I'm done. it's a secret, but I like lists quite a lot. There aren't many other ways in which I'm organised. So, in no particular order.

BOOKS I WILL READ IN 2011

1. "Birdsong" by Sebastian Falukes"
2. "The Road" by Cormac McCarthy
3. "Hunger" by Knut Hamsum
4. "Neverwhere" by Neil Gaiman
5. "How to Write While You Sleep" by Elizabeth Irvin Ross
6. "Emma" - Jane Austen
7. "They Went Whistling: Women Wayfarers, Warriors, Runaways and Renegades" by Barbara Holland
8. "Rebecca" by Daphne du Maurier
9. "Jane Eyre" by Charlotte Bronte
10. "The Day the Falls Stood Still" by Cathy Marie Buchanan
11. "Cost" by Roxanna Robinson
12. "Water For Elephants" by Sarah Gruen
13. "North of Beautiful"
14. "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett
15. "The Kite Runner" by Khaled Hosseini
16. "King Dork" by Frank Portman
17. "Dear Catastrophe Waitress" by Brendan Halpin
18. "I Can See Clearly Now" by Brendan Halpin
19. "I Feel Bad About My Neck: And Other Thoughts on Being a Woman" by Nora Ephnon
20. "The Catcher in the Rye" by J.D Salinger
21. "The Emperor's Children" by Claire Messud
22. "Lolita" by Vladimir Nobokov
23. "I Know This Much Is True" by Wally Lamb
24. "Sarah's Key" by Tatiana de Rosnay
25. "The Secret Life of Bees" by Sue Monk Kidd
26. "Wuthering Heights" by Emily Bronte
27. "Cracked Up To Be" by Courtney Summers
28. "Talk To The Snail" by Stephen Clarke
29. "Of Mice and Men" by John Steinbeck
30. "The Unbearble Lightness of Being" by Milan Kundera

Yay. I tried to go for a mixture of classics I haven't read yet and should have, and newer books which look exciting and FLW recommended. I know that nobody comments on my blog, but if you have a book I should read please say so, k? ;) I'm wondering if I have open space left for five or ten more, depending on how much time I have.
Okay. That's all for today.

- Lizzie

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for including two of mine on your list! I hope you like 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting, and I'm excited to read them! I haven't started either yet but for what it's worth, the blurbs are excellent :)

    ReplyDelete