Friday 27 May 2011

lizzie writes to you, then tries to make small talk...

"SECRET"

Quickly, you tore out a piece of paper from the back of your biology textbook,
You scribbled something, folded it in half, and labeled it, "secret".
And you looked at me with a question mark, and offered it in the palm of your hand.
Hesitantly, I clicked awake my biro, and I did the same,
Writing down all of my thoughts and all of the happenings in one nine letter word.
We swapped, quick and fast,
I flicked my eyes away from your judgement, and unfolded slowly a joke.
And I watched your eyes as you opened up my message, confusion twisting your expression, suddenly, and you looked at me,
like you were sorry.

____________________________________________________________________________

I'm writing a lot of things recently I feel sort of "eh" about. And then they end up here. Are Productivity Fridays going to be a thing? I won't say I'll stick to it, it'll only curse things.

I watched The Social Network tonight and I liked it a lot but I was disappointed, through no fault of the movie, I'd just waited a long time and my hopes were ridiculously high.
I was planning on saying something about The Social Network which was more intelligent or made more sense than that. I'm tired. Meh.

So I'm off school for a week now, except it should mostly be full of revision I can't motivate myself to do. This weekend I'm going camping with my friends for the bank holiday, so that's exciting.
Why does today feel like "you" and I are stood awkwardly trying to think of things to say to each other?

Anyway, I'll be home on Wednesday and I'll talk to you then.

- Lizzie

No comments:

Post a Comment