Monday 20 August 2012

Less Than Three

Today I was busking, and a girl who'd been asking people for money down the street with a paper cup came and sat near me. She was homeless and kind of grubby looking and admittedly I felt threatened, because I have always been told to around people that look a certain way. Now I feel very guilty for making that judgement. But then she said she was just stopping to hear me play, and asked if I knew "The A Team" by Ed Sheeran.

I played it and it must have been awful. I forgot my capo yesterday so sang it four semi-tones down from normal but she was nice enough to stay and she sang along. Afterwards we talked about Ed Sheeran for a while and admitted to me that "The A Team" was her song, because she was homeless, she was an addict, and earlier on in her life she'd worked as a prostitute. And she was absolutely lovely.

Since being a kid I've been told to avoid homeless people in the street and things and that they're these grubby little human beings nobody seems to think of as humans.

But this was just a girl, who'd like everyone else struggled and had a song that was her comfort blanket, it belonged to her.

There isn't really a moral to this. It just was a part of the list of things that have happened recently that restored my faith in human nature.

I wrote a review of a really beautiful concert I went to a few days ago on here and the response has been so lovely. Those of you who have been retweeting and sending me things on Twitter, thank you so much. Your support has been incredible and I hope to meet you at lots of shows in the future I'm sure we'll all be at! Bo was absolutely "megatron."

Hope you're well, sorry this was not a proper blog,

Lizzie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment