Sunday 17 October 2010

five haikus

It's a Sunday night, I'm sat in bed and my cats are taking up all of the covers. Seeing as it's almost NaNo and I got an urge to start writing my novel - this is bad. I must wait until November. So, as my Nicorette patch, I decided to try and write some haikus.
They're pretty personal, and they're about various things. I like them. They're quick and fast and mean a lot and not much, they aren't very good but I'm proud of them for some reason. It's like when I talk to my friends very abstractly. I can say things without explanation, or certainty that anyone's listening.

Together, we walk
A motorway but stay between
Double yellow lines

I force each dose
By night, a self inflicted
Punch in the stomach

I am growing fat
Soon I'll burst out of these walls
And flop into Oz

To a pencil sketch
I add strokes of the rainbow
Until you glow gold

I beg for demand
But bat off all that you ask -
Flies on a hot day

I had a pretty mundane weekend. I did nothing at all today. Yesterday, I went out for lunch with my parents and it was in Trentham, so I bought some coffee syrup. I made myself a caramel latte when I got home. It didn't taste as good, because I knew it wasn't from Costa.
Exciting things are happening soon, though - this weekend I'm going to a family friend's flat in France with two of my best friends. The Friday after that, I go see Imogen Heap in Liverpool. A week later, I'll see her at the Royal Albert Hall, baby xD And NaNoWriMo is approaching. This is the few weeks I've looked forward to all year, and it's very nearly here and I'm happy.
Goodnight,
Lizzie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment