Friday 1 October 2010

An Invitation

Hello...

... it's October 1st today. This means things which are special.
- It's four weeks/twenty eight days until I go see Imogen Heap for the second of three times this year.
- It's one month until NaNoWriMo starts again.

Maybe you know that I'm a huge fan of the Office of Letters and Light events. This time last year, I thought of myself as a writer but hadn't done much outside of fanfiction.net; NaNoWriMo and Script Frenzy got me writing.
NaNoWriMo - National Novel Writing Month - is a challenge to write fifty thousand words of a novel in thirty days, every November and I can't urge you to partake enough.
Through both events I've met some amazing people through the internet, particularly Script Frenzy, people from all over the world. They helped me a lot during Script Frenzy, one of the reasons I enjoyed it more than NaNo, I think, was those last few days when one by one, we would pass the finish line. After a while, our group of writers grew too big for instant messaging conversations, and we decided to create a forum.
Scrends was born. It's small and friendly and we're hoping this NaNo will bring in a lot more traffic during November and onwards. My friend Bob is the admin and it's wonderful over there.
I want you to write books this November and I want you to join us.
'Kay? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment