Monday 8 November 2010

Subliminal Messaging

Something weird happened today, and I don't feel very safe here anymore. I realised in the bath just now that, a little like in Joanne Harris' blueyedboy my blog doesn't just possibly have an Albertine who reads it but also a JennyTricks. And she isn't trying to kill me, not quite, but it was weird walking into school and having quotations from my own writing shouted at me.

I'm going to try and carry on as if nothing's happened.

I'm writing this to prove a point, but it's out of time which I don't really have; I haven't done anything towards my NaNo today and also my homework is growing and catching up to the point that I can't ignore it anymore. I planned on getting going as soon as I got home from school, I promise, but then I was watching TV, and then eating dinner and then in the bath and then asleep in the bath, and I've done none of it.

Today, I asked one of my friends, "If you could be anyone in the world for a day, who would it be?"
He shrugged, simply. "I don't know."
"Okay, how about this one," I persisted. "Any five people in the world for dinner at your house. Who would they be, what would you eat...?"
"No idea. And chicken caeser wraps, with bacon."
I don't know why, but I felt annoyed that he hadn't even considered it. I ask people that all of the time - sometimes famous people doing Q&As on twitter, who mostly seem to choose family and friends, and my own family and friends, who'll choose famous people.
I was a mind blown by the fact that he hadn't even thought about it. One night I asked my best friend this, and we both tried to come up with our five. We struggled, so pushed to ten, then unlimited, then went into extravegent detail whilst planning the seating plans and order of performances and the buffet, which Mrs Beaver and Monica Gellar-Bing had prepared between them. Today, instead my friend went on to change the subject and ask about which accent I'd have, if I could choose.
"Canadian," I told him.
"Awesome. I'd take Irish."
"Northern or Southern?"
He shrugged. "Irish."
A group of us spent a few minutes trying to say "about" (ah-boot) in a Canadian way, and then it all seemed pretty much over.
That's all for today. I have to go to a website called mymaths now. For once, homework > NaNo.

Lizzie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment