Friday 19 November 2010

There's no better method to communicate...

Every so often, I go through a phase, which maybe lasts around a month, where I start listening to a lot of James Blunt music.
One of the most clear memories I have of one of these periods is about two years ago, when I went to his concert when he was touring All The Lost Souls. He played the piano and an acoustic guitar, and ran all over the stage and through the lower crowd with very crazy eyes and it was brilliant - I only regret I didn't know more of that music at the time. I think that James Blunt show was one of the first times I came out of a gig feeling so fascinated and alive and almost drunk from it all, like it had changed everything, just a little.
After his album launch webcast the other night, I remembered how amazing James Blunt can seem, and a day of me rediscovering him followed, after our year and a half apart. Anyone who follows me on Twitter will possibly have been there the two hours I listened to a song called "I'll Be Your Man" from his new album, and the next day my parents gave me odd looks when I came downstairs in a turban towel and dressing gown after singing "I'LL BE YOUR MA-AH-A-A-AN!" happily in the shower.
Most British people will only have heard of James Blunt because of "You're Beautiful", a single about five years ago which was a bit of a one hit wonder. If that's the case, or if you just haven't heard of James Blunt at all, go listen.
From his new album, I like "Stay The Night" and "Superstar" the most, along with the song I mentioned up there. "I Really Want You" is utterly gorgeous, and others which you'll find through getting lost in the magical pathways of Related Videos.
Fun Fact - James Blunt and I have the same birthday.


It's Pudsey Bear day and I'm not sure why I'm still watching Children In Need. My parents went to bed, I'm sat here watching Celebrity Mastermind during the break and I really don't know why.

So. I finished NaNoWriMo. :D
No, that's a lie. I got to the point, late on Sunday night whilst 'Creep' by Radiohead was playing during the most emotional scene I think I've ever written when I crossed the 50k mark. But I'm realising that's not all of it. I have to actually finish the story, which is still far away, and I will but I'm slowing down the pace. For the first time, I love my characters and I don't want to leave them behind, like with Script Frenzy. They need their story to be told, and I have to do it because it keeps me sane, in a way.

Also this week I met - meaning emailed and talked to - my French exchange student, Isaline, who's coming to stay with me next week. She's nice, she plays guitar and writes and I think we're going to get on well :) Exciting.

I went to a write-in last week and it was a lot of fun, and the lovely Chester ML gave me stickers for being at 42k at the time, which made all of the late nights, caffeine imbalance, homework stress and social neglection worthwhile. I stuck my purple octopus sticker inside my locker at school, so that I feel like an American whenever I open it.

Enjoy your weekend. :)

Lizzie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment