Saturday 6 November 2010

What've we got, got, got to lose?

I want to say hi to my awesome friend Beth Holmes. I got an email from her Friday night, saying that she'd read my blog and that it was beautiful and made her cry. I felt happy for a long long time after that.

Last night, I went to see Imogen Heap at the Royal Albert Hall.
This is going to be a long blog.
Know that I also saw Immi a week ago, in Liverpool, and that was a small, intimate standing up venue. There were several times I thought I made eye contact with my absolute hero. Afterwards, she signed my ticket (we didn't meet her, but it's a long story, and I met some brilliant and lovely people in the queue, whilst half of me felt sad for my ashtmatic friend, choking on the fumes from my new friends' cigarette smoke). It was an epic gig. I'd go as far as saying better than the time in February, and even more so maybe than the Royal Albert Hall, which I wasn't expecting. It was just completley different, I suppose. The Albert Hall was beautiful and grand and amazing, the orchestra was so powerful, but compared to the other two shows I'd been at, I felt disconnected and faraway. In our area, only Poppy and I sang "Just For Now". I'd say if I had to choose, between only going to one gig, I'd choose a small Academy show. But I didn't: I'm lucky enough that a woman named Antonia let Poppy and I stay at their house, and that my dad came to Liverpool with me and so many people I know try hard to understand, and meet my odd little addictions. But I loved being in the Albert Hall last night. I'm NaNo-ing and I don't have time to talk about the shows as much as I want to.
But I think my footage may have been used in Love The Earth. :D
London was wonderful, Poppy and I ran around a lot being late for the tube and other trains. it rained. I left my red umberella behind in the Royal Albert Hall (on the off chance Immi reads this, may I have it back if you found it :p?). And after the movie in the interval, I had what I'll consider as my first ever big heart-to-heart conversation, which sounds lame. But it was in the Royal Albert Hall, with my best friend, about to see my favourite musician, and I got things off of my chest. Now Poppy knows what she deserves to. It should be all over, really. Only I just mentioned it on Teh Internetz, so I suppose that made it slightly more real.

NaNoWriMo is going really well. I haven't been to any write-ins yet, but my word count is much ahead of what it needs to be and I don't know why. This year, I love my characters and everything's very easy all of a sudden, it's great. Right now I'm sat eating a plate of noodles at my desk. I barely have time to write this, because I told one of my friends that if I've not written 30k by Monday, she can slap me, three times. Tonight I plan to stay up late and write the 5k I need to, and then tomorrow, go out for breakfast with my friends.
I won't lie. It makes me feel brilliantly important that I don't quite have time to write a blog.

I'm happy at the moment, I think. There's nothing going on really anymore. Things are calm and still. I think I've realised, after several things that have happened, I want to live in the moment now.

Remember all that stuff I said, about still and calm. I'll be complaining about living where I do, soon, and that I'm stressed and lonely and that nothing is going on. it's all still true. But going to see Imogen Heap just stays in my mind for a few days, and clears away the cobwebs.

I'll go write now.

If you're reading this, I do love you.

Lizzie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment