Saturday 19 March 2011

the brightest moon in eighteen years

My field was empty tonight.

It's stupuid but I'm writing this in sort of a rush. One of my favourite bloggers always seems to write best when he's drunk, and I'm not quite sure, because you never are, but I think I might be and so for some really naive reason I'm hoping that this means anything I type will turn into gold.

It started about an hour and a half ago, when I could have been quite drunk but, being sat on the internet doing nothing I didn't really notice any change. Everyone on twitter was talking about the fact that the moon's the brightest it's been in 18 years, and so, because my parents were out and my friend cancelled on me and I was home alone. So I went out for a walk, to a field near us and took the Mumford & Sons CD I bought today. I lay down and started singing along because there wasn;'t really anyone around, and that lasted a while, and then I sprinted all of the way home for no reason at all, and it was only when I got to the door I realised any of those things were even slightly weird.
But right now this little cynical voice that's in my head all the time is gone, and I feel kind of lighter. And it's nice

So there y'go. Don't think I'm trying to glorify alcohol or anything, I just wanted to capture feeling like this. I've never gotten drunk alone before. Maybe it measn I'm desparate and bored.

In terms of the moon, there were some clouds and it wasn't really that bright in the end. It looked fuzzy and apologetic. It took three attempts to spell apologetic.

Goodnight,

Lizzie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment