Tuesday 9 August 2011

Riots



The validity of this picture is unconfirmed, but alledgedly this tiger ran out onto the street tonight after the London Zoo break-in.

There are currently riots happening in several different cities across my country. I'm honestly unsure of how this started off, a few days ago in Tottenham, and it didn't sink in to me that it was serious until tonight, seeing a pinpointed map online of where things are going on right now. At around midnight I saw that Kyle Cassidy had tweeted this:
"Oh England, I don't want you to be like the rest of us. These images break my heart."

It's scary because I've always felt like I live in a kind of safe bubble from the rest of the shit that goes on, in Egypt or Libya or Afghanistan, but not here, we all like to think we're far too civilised for that. Then, constantly refreshing my news feed, over the last few hours I've seen that Manchester's been affected, and now Liverpool.

That's what made it feel close and feel real. That and the tiger.

No comments:

Post a Comment