Saturday 27 August 2011

Zakynthos

Hello!

This is where I'm sat right now:



Zakynthos, or Zante, is a Greek island, and the area of it I'm in is called Tsilivi and lives off of tourists, turtles, and oranges and lemons.

So far my dad's gotten into a fight with a German who yelled at him for taking the sunbed he said he'd been in for ten days, I danced with a guy who had pom-poms on his shoes, we bought a giant loch-ness-monster floatie and Kathryn, my holiday-sister, was beeped at by a van driver. Also for the first and also last time I drank so much that I threw up in a sink, which I'm not really very proud of. It's lovely having a sea that you can swim in without acquiring blue feet, and we saw a sea turtle the other day.

Because of the fact that my dad is sort of a social butterfly, a lot of the hotel seem to be acting like family friends - Ivan, an entertainment manager who used to be a singer in a rock band, Nico, a Greek waiter, an adorable Russian couple, a demented kitten named Howard who hangs around other tables and a half-Greek half-British man living in London who's name we don't know. Secretly we call him E.D.G-ar - short for "Eating Disorder Guy", because at the buffet dinner he sits alone and tucks three napkins into his shirt, then lines up every plate of food he's going to eat in front of him. There'll be a plate of only chicken legs, or one of tomatoes, and there's always odd numbers of each item. It's really interesting to watch.

I'll post some footage or photos when I get home. I hope you're doing well and I'll see you soon! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment