Friday 11 January 2013

Alaska

Playlist: "Alaska"





















This is one day late, but yesterday was the 10th January, the anniversary of the death of a character in John Green's novel "Looking For Alaska".

If you haven't read it, you absolutely should, but this is very likely to contain spoilers.

Alaska Young is sort of one of my favourite and least favourite fictional characters simultaneously, partly because I identify with her so much which infinitely multiplies both the love and the hate. I wanted to compile songs that capture her and capture the story but honestly, I keep wanting to go back and change things because I don't feel like I did it that well - it's so easy to miss out all the good and focus only on the pain. It's easy to do the same but the other way around as well. I tried to find a balance with this.

"Stephanie Says" - The Velvet Underground (x)
"Hurricane Drunk" - Florence and the Machine (x)
"Black Ice" - Ohbijou (x)
"Wild Thing" - Noah and the Whale (x)
"Looking For Alaska" - Liane Graham (x)
"The Beast" - Laura Marling (x)
"Sylvia Plath" - Ryan Adams (x)
"Every Teardrop is a Waterfall" - Coldplay (x)
"The Moment I Said It" - Imogen Heap (x)
"I Speak Because I Can" - Laura Marling (x)

No comments:

Post a Comment