Friday 4 February 2011

The Mice in the Walls, Enduring Love

Hello!

So Bob, my cat, brought in a mouse he'd caught which was ginormous and also still alive. We shut Bob out of the room, my dad and I, and snuck around trying to catch it for a while but it ran under the fireplace, crawled up into a further hole where it's now unachievable. So I now have a pet mouse living in the wall cavities of my house. Maybe it'll have babies, and they'll feed on bugs, and dust, and the taste of all the skin will make them start to mutate into giant, flesh-eating killer mice.
I'm not sure if I'm excited or terrified.

Today Kyle Casssidy tweeted about a photographer named Raina Matar, who's done a project photographing teenage girls from all around the world, all sorts of lifestyles, in their bedrooms. I don't know a lot about photography or art but they're beautiful and I wanted to share them with you. I don't know why. The photographs are here. My personal favourite is the second along, just because it's how I feel a lot of the time.

Also whilst we're here, I apologize that I keep plugging things like the above, and like poetry I like, books, other stuff like that but it's interesting to me and this is really the only place I can talk about it a lot. I do so, anyway, but when it's here, in some respects you have no choice but to listen, and I like that. Yay, selfish blogger.
But seriously. Tomorrow I'll write a blog which has some form of purpose to it, as an apology for my babbling over the last few days.

Tonight I watched a movie called Enduring Love, and on being told that the book it's based on is by the same writer of "Atonement", I don't think I felt that excited about it (I never read "Atonement" though, only saw the movie which was disappointing). But this was brilliant.
It starred Daniel Craig, who was traumatised after feeling he caused a man's death in a balloon accident, and throughout the story, started to realise he was being stalked by Jed (Spike from Notting Hill!!!!!), who was also at the accident. It messes with your head a lot and I really liked it. Also it was only 1 hour and a half, which was a bonus because I never have time nowadays, and a lot of movies I've seen recently I've almost got impatient with the length of, because when I want to go to sleep, everything seems like it's going on too long.
That definitely wasn't the intelligent, advertising, helpful review of Enduring Love I planned but I'm tired. Shurrup.

I'll write something proper tomorrow. Promise.

- Lizzie

No comments:

Post a Comment