Sunday 13 February 2011

My Ideal Rocky Horror Cast

I found this in the back of one of my notebook's today, and I remember scribbling it down frantically in a Chinese restaurant in London last year, full of ideas and life. Maybe someone, somewhere finds it interesting.

MY IDEAL 'ROCKY HORROR SHOW' CAST

Neil Gaiman as The Criminologist
Because he has the very English accent, and a slight permanent sense of embarassment. It's hard to explain why this'd be awesome.

Marc Warren as Brad
I know, it's a little diverse, and I'm thinking too that he could be maybe too agressive but that could be a good thing. There's just a lot of the lines and arguing with Frank I can imagine.

Max Raabe as Rif-Raf
Do we even need to reason? A German, Rif-Raf?

Amanda Palmer as Magenta
I can't think of an explanation why, but I know that I probably got the idea from her cover of "Science Fiction Double Feature". And we could have a ukulele playing Magenta, right?

Dee Plume as Columbia
For some reason, the Robots in Disguise singer/guitarist just fits the image well. I have no idea whether or not she can tap dance.

Chris Corner as Dr. Frank-N-Furter
I can't even explain how perfect this seems to me. He has the voice, the charisma, and it wouldn't be the first time he'd dressed as a woman. (That's one of my favourite music videos ever, by the way).

Matthew James-Thomas as Rocky
An actor in a TV show I used to love when I was 12 or 13 called Britannia High, he was also in the musical version of Dorian Grey I believe. I think Rocky has to be quite clean and innocent, and he is this.

Robert Glenister as Eddie
Could be Phillip Glenister either, I suppose. He's around Eddie's age and would be almost as good as Meat Loaf.

Stephen Fry as Dr. Everett Scott
... just because.

Note: I didn't leave out Janet because I don't like Janet or anything. I'd written Dianna Agron to play her but now I'm doubting that and can't think of anyone quite right. Maybe if anyone's reading this for real you could send in suggestions or something? If I thought anyone would comment, I'd offer a cookie to the best imaginary Janet actress suggestion. And then it'd turn out the winner would be in Canada or somewhere, and I'd have to pay for first class postage so it didn't get mouldy.
I'm babbling.
Night.

(A note: This isn't the awesome thing I was planning to write this Sunday. I didn't have time in the end. One day, I swear).

No comments:

Post a Comment